Open Enrollment: Get the Facts
The first step: knowing what you need and when you can sign up!November 1, 2018
You can begin buying health insurance on the online Health Insurance Marketplace or visiting a certified health insurance counselor.
December 15, 2018
This is the LAST day to sign up for health insurance until the next enrollment window.
If you do not sign up for a 2019 plan, you will not be penalized.
During Open Enrollment, if you enroll:
- Between the 1st and 15th days of the month, your coverage starts the first day of the next month.
- Between the 16th and the last day of the month, your coverage starts the first day of the second following month. So if you enroll on March 16, your coverage starts on May 1.
Here’s what you need:
- Proof of state residency
Housing lease, driver’s license, utility bills
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
Social security numbers or passports for all family members seeking insurance
- If you have it, proof of health insurance
Current insurance card or policy number
- Income information for all family members
Pay stubs, W-2 forms, unemployment/pension/social security information
- Method of payment
You can use a personal check or credit card