Notice to Patients
- Services provided in Coral Gables Hospital will be provided by the hospital, as well as by other health care providers who may separately bill the patient. These other health care providers may or may not participate with the same health insurers or health maintenance organizations as Coral Gables Hospital. Patients should contact other health care practitioners who will provide services to them in the hospital directly to determine the health insurers and health maintenance organizations that the health care practitioner participates as a network provider or preferred provider. The names, mailing addresses, and telephone numbers of the health care practitioners and medical practice groups with which Coral Gables Hospital contracts to provide services in the facility are listed here.
South Florida Anesthesia and Pain Management, P.A.
14050 NW 14 Street, Suite 190
Sunrise, FL 33323
2975 Coral Way
Miami, FL 33145
Palmetto Pathology Services, P.A.Paragon Contracting Services, Inc.,
2001 West 68th Street
Hialeah, FL 33016
14050 Northwest 14th Street
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33323
- Patients may request from Coral Gables Hospital and other health care providers treating them a personalized estimate of charges and other information. To request an estimate of the hospital’s charges, please contact our Patient Access Department at 305-441-6811. To request an estimate of another health care provider’s charges you should contact that health care provider’s office directly.
If you don’t have insurance coverage, Coral Gables Hospital will provide you with financial counseling, including assistance applying for state and federal health care programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and for available coverage under the Affordable Care Act. Uninsured patients who do not qualify for any state or federal health care program, and who qualify as financially indigent in accordance with Tenet’s Financial Assistance for Uninsured Patients policy, will receive a charity care discount. View the policy
- Uninsured patients who do not qualify for any state or federal health care program, and who do not qualify for a charity care discount may be eligible for financial assistance either under Tenet’s Compact with Uninsured Patients. View the policy, or Tenet’s Cash Pay Rate Policy.
- Coral Gables Hospital will offer uninsured patients payment plans to assist in settling past due outstanding hospital bills. In addition, Coral Gables Hospital will not charge interest under such extended payment plans.
- Coral Gables Hospital will not, in dealing with patients who qualify for charity care, place or foreclose liens on primary residences as a means of collecting unpaid hospital bills. Coral Gables Hospital will not use body attachment to require that uninsured patients or a responsible party appear in court.
- The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency) launched Florida Health Price Finder, a new health care transparency tool for consumers. The new website allows consumers and caregivers to look up the average amounts paid by Florida insurance plans for a specific service, giving them a better estimate of their total out-of-pocket expenses. The average amounts paid by insurance plans are based on billions of lines of claims data from three Florida health plans. Claims data from additional health plans are expected to be added to the database in 2018.
- The website lists the services as “care bundles”. A care bundle includes the steps and procedures that are part of a typical treatment plan for that specific care bundle. For example, the care bundle for Knee Replacement includes an office visit with a specialist, surgery, outpatient physical therapy/rehabilitation and follow-up visits.
- Since 2007, Floridians have been able to use FloridaHealthFinder.gov to look up undiscounted hospital charges, however, this is rarely the amount that individuals or insurance companies are expected to pay. Now, with this new tool, and in conjunction with working with their respective insurance plans, Floridians have the opportunity to get a much better estimate of out-of-pocket costs for specific services.